Date(s) - July 14 - 2018 until July 15 - 2018
9:45 am - 4:00 pm
At the heart of NVC is a deep and compassionate awareness that much of our world is brutal, unjust and dysfunctional. Asking one another, “How then shall we live?” becomes imperative as our awareness rises. It is a question that resonates at a political, spiritual and a systemic level.
NVC allows people to peacefully influence the organisations, communities and social systems that impact their lives. Explore how this process can enable you to be the change you want to see and to work in solidarity and respect with those who long for change – and with those who fear or resist it. This training complements the Living NVC module at an individual, inter-personal and at a community level. It is also hugely relevant to the education and parenting course Connecting with Children and Young People in July.
Come and explore how this process can enable you to be the change you want to see and to work in solidarity and respect with those who long for change – and with those who fear or resist it.
At this training you will:
– Differentiate between the core human needs you want to serve and the strategies you employ in their service
– Build your resilience under pressure
– Explore the different purposes of “power-over” and “power-with paradigms
– Clarify the intentions behind your actions and longings for change
– In conflicts learn how to remain centred and empathic to break deadlocks
– Renew and strengthen any exisitng NVC skills
– Develop strategies to make best use of your time and energy
Open to all
Completion of an NVC Foundation Training will be helpful but not essential.
What are the benefits?
* Understand how a NVC relates to social change
* Explore the political and spiritual facets of NVC
* Be the change you want to see
* Work in solidarity with others who long for nonviolent change
* Differentiate needs and the strategies you employ in their service
* Build your resilience under pressure
* Explore “power-over” and “power-with paradigms
* Clarify the intentions behind your actions e
* In conflicts learn how to break deadlocks
* Renew and strengthen any exisitng NVC skills
* Develop strategies to make best use of your time and energy
* Share the experiences you’ve had applying NVC in your life