Laura Harvey is a certified trainer with the Centre for Nonviolent Communication™. She collaborates as part of a group of facilitators who lead open access workshops in NVC and other restorative practices. She has worked widely in the UK in this capacity since 2004, building NVC community and expertise in Oxfordshire, Yorkshire, the North East (Newcastle)and the North West (Manchester, Hebden Bridge, Salford and Tameside).
Within NVC-UK she has supported the community to contribute to de-escalation work during climate protests; co-create online introductory training in nonviolence and de-escalation for XR activists; and currently to coordinate offerings to an Empathy Matching initiative for Ukrainians and the Ukraine NVC network.
NVC Focus: A programme of public training and bespoke in-house consultancies.
- Communication and systems work with NGOs and activists (priorities: the climate emergency, power & privilege, nonviolent liberation work)
- Leadership coaching
- In-house team development and conflict transformation
- Support for those working for nonviolent social change in areas of health care (in particular supporting better mental health), peace-making, justice and environment
- NVC education and parenting/fostering
- Bespoke one-to-one work
- The arts, particularly theatre and collaborating with writers
- Convergent Facilitation
- Contributing to Social Change as an ally
- MHFA for adults and for children
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- Enneagram practitioner
- Prison Reading Groups (PRG)
- Celtic Christianity
- Theatre (practitioner and literary manager 1992-2005)
Concurrent with her training activities in NVC, Laura has worked in Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan, India, Nepal, Democratic Republic of Congo, Uganda, Kenya and Brazil. She has 25 years’ experience in UK arts and NGO sectors, as a facilitator, writer and teacher in many different settings. In 2003 she ran the first NVC training in Cambodia. She continues to build awareness of global VAWG issues and Christian persecution in Pakistan.